Saturday, September 6, 2008

Mad busy!

Things have gotten insanely busy at work AND at home.

Home first: It's harvest time in the Reasonable household, which means that every single weekend I have to can or freeze something, mulch something else, weedwack another thing. Plus, I am writing this in the few minutes I have before I have to clean out my car to get a new puppy. Then I have to train said puppy. Also, we are collecting quotes for structural work on our house. I hate contractors. Hate 'em. They're all evil. And I'm acclimating my chickens to their new coop, which is a bit of a Process. They've been in there a week, and I still haven't scrubbed out their old coop. And Mr. Reasonable tells me that his high school buddy will be visiting in a couple of weeks, so I need to prep my office for a guest room, which involves shampooing the cats' favorite couch, moving litterboxes, and cleaning off my desk.


Work: I am informed that if I don't get the effing manuscript for one of my projects into the Legal department's hands by the end of the month, I will not be allowed to go to the really good conference I want to attend. Manuscript is, like, 1/3 written, although all the data has been collected. I am sort of stupid on how I should do the figures, despite the Author Instructions on various journal websites. There are multiple ways of presenting the same data, and I'm messing around with which one looks the coolest, and also procrastinating a lot. I'm going to end up refuting one of the field bigwigs, and that makes me a wee bit nervous because I'm still more of less nobody (my brain is exceptionally wide, but not deep on any particular subject). Plus I have all my regular projects to puzzle over, and new equipment arriving next week. On top of that, I am covering for my co-worker who is off doing something, I forget what, with her kids. Also, we are losing executive staff left and right, but they all assure us that it's not because the new president of research is evil or anything. Yeah, right.

Must go clean out the car and line it with puppy pads. And probably fill up the carpet shampooer.

No comments: